I have found at this link a guidance to GDPR. It is written in Italian because it has been provided by the Italian DPA.
It is high level, non technical, simple and informative. Is uses a lot of graphics and address the general public. I think is necessary to communicate to EU citizens the value of this new law. It is part of being part of Europe; one of the advantages.
I am sure there are other similar documents in all languages; it would be nice to know the links and put those links as comments in this post.
I list here just the titles of the 12 pages and I translate them approximately
- Citizens are more guaranteed
- Information clear and complete
- Consent, even on line
- Limitations to automatic processing (ok I agree this is not clear!)
- Right to be forgotten
- Data portability
- Transfer to third countries
- Data breach communication
- News for businesses and organizations
- Same rules for every EU country
- Approach based on risk assessment that rewards the most responsible parties
- Simplifications for entities that provide more certainty and promote self-regulation systems